Opps, I meant to do this a few days ago and just realized that I hadn't.
I like comments and welcome them. I don't always respond but I do read them. I also will pull them if I need to do that. I have Typepad set to automatically post a comment and send me an e-mail. Once I see a comment with a problem, I use the tools they give me to delete the comment and take any other action I need to take.
Why would I pull a comment:
- Bad language - I don't get too hung up with a colorful phrase if it is clear it was carefully chosen for a specific reason but mostly they aren't and the comment goes.
- Pornographic - Under no circumstances will it stay.
- Comment Spam - I don't like being used. This is the major reason I pull comments.
- Stupid Disagreements - I like discussions and throwdowns can be fun from the sidelines but I will step in when it gets nasty, goes on too long, or the issue is plain stupid.
- Disrespecting others - this goes for anyone not just other commentators.