My Photo

« Your W-4 | Main | Bad News Before Christmas »

December 23, 2009



My 20 year old daughter lived on her own for all of 2009. She does not have any dependent children. She also has never filled out the W-5 form for Advance EIC. Her 2009 W-2 has an EIC advance payment of $1604. What is her recourse for this error? Her employers outsource the pay check system. Thanks.


First did she receive the money? She should check her pay stubs and see if it's listed there. If it is, I would say she will have to pay it back on her return. If she did not receive the money, she should talk to her employer and get a corrected W-2 issued.
Good luck!


Please see reply in the original post comments.

The comments to this entry are closed.


  • Disclaimer
    A reader should seek advice from an independent tax adviser with respect to the information on this blog based on the reader’s particular circumstances. This advice is intended to be general information and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS regarding the transaction or matters discussed here.
Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 04/2004