My Photo

« Shared Responsibility Scam | Main | While I Was Working...II »

March 20, 2015


Robert J. Mackle, Esq.

One small issue: You stated that if you are getting a refund, you don't need to file an extension. This is not good advice. Case: You filed the return late, receive your refund, no penalty. However, if subsequently the return is audited or adjusted, resulting in an amount due, the late filing penalty would apply to that new assessment. Bottom line: File the extension.

The comments to this entry are closed.


  • Disclaimer
    A reader should seek advice from an independent tax adviser with respect to the information on this blog based on the reader’s particular circumstances. This advice is intended to be general information and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS regarding the transaction or matters discussed here.
Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 04/2004